-->

Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28. Day 180. Full to overflowing

It just feels plain wrong. I hate it.
In fact I almost have an anxiety attack at the thought of it.
Yes, today I had to let water out of the swimming pool. After all those years of drought, all those years where we timed showers, resisted flushing all but solids and let gardens wilt and die, the idea of letting water run down the drain is completely abhorrent.
Even the horrendous floods of last year were not enough to erase the dread of drought.
But hating the idea of drought strangely doesn't translate into loving rain.
Rain on the tin roof at night is a pleasure. The smell of an afternoon storm blowing in is a delight but days of endless rain are just plain annoying. The washing piles up. Outdoor activities are out of the question and every time you get in the car you feel like you are playing a game of Russian roulette as people seem to forget the road rules and throw common sense out the window.
Also, the new hair cut I spent a fortune on today got rained on and ruined within seconds of leaving the hairdresser. The fact that I stood in the rain to take this photo of the rain drops in the hairdresser's garden may or may not have had a bit to do with that. It has to be said the rain looks more fetching on the twig than it does on my hair.
But worse is that it is just plain depressing. I'm SAD, by which I don't mean unhappy but suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I need the sun. I hope Annie was right "The sun'll come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!"


No comments:

Post a Comment