-->

Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18. Day 139. Diary of my Wimpy Kid


Dear Diary,
I really want to go and meet Jeff Kinney because the Wimpy Kids books are cool but I couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed. I’ll send my mum. It doesn’t get any wimpier than that!
Oliver

When Mr O found out children’s author Jeff Kinney was in town there was a flash of nostaligia and excitement. How he loved those books. I say loved because he has moved on to reading much more advanced things but when we moved house and a lot of the other books were given away the Wimpy Kids books stayed. There’s something about them.
I adore people like Jeff Kinney. I love that they make reading joyous. So just because Mr O wouldn’t go didn’t stop me and now we have an autographed copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Cool.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressed you posted this so quickly today. It was a lovely morning. Nice angle on the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It is a great photo !

    ReplyDelete