-->

Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10. Day 131. Throw your arms around me

Public Displays of Affection. PDAs.
There's nothing nicer. There's nothing more distasteful. The devil is in the detail.
Outpourings of emotion at an airport arrival or departure hall. Tick. A children throwing their arms around a parent. Tick. Young couples chewing on each other's faces and grasping on to other bits in a way that makes you want to shout  "go get a room". Cross. Fail. Please don't.
I have a bit of a thing for public displays of affection. On my bedroom wall I have two black and white prints Kiss by the Hotel de Ville by Robert Doisneau  and Trevor Watson's Bus Stop Photo. Both beautiful displays of apparently spontaneous love. Just beautiful (on a related note, do not put "Trevor Watson photographer" into a search engine unless you are an adult. Yikes. This definitely falls into the category of "go get a room" activities).
Anyway, today at lunch time I was in the Queen Street Mall when I spied this PDA.I just love how happy she looks. Let's face it, everyone needs a hug.

2 comments: