-->

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5. Day 96. In need of an afternoon nap


It's a funny thing how tourists often get to experience many of the things a town has on offer which the locals manage to blissfully ignore. Like David Fleay's Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast.
The park turns 60 this month and despite living in south-east Queensland almost all of my life and having spent a great deal of time on the Gold Coast I had never been to the park - until today. Having an overseas visitor staying with you makes you re-evaluate what you have on your doorstep.
The park was delightful and all the Australian wildlife on show couldn't fail but impress (especially if you are English).
Personally I feel a real affinity with the koala. I mean any creature that grazes all morning and then flakes out in the afternoon gets my vote.
Isn't this little bloke a beauty?

10 comments:

  1. Indeed truly perfect example of the Phascolarctos cinereus, sedated after grazing on eucalypt leaves all morning oh indeed the life..

    Amazing they don't fall from the trees, wait are you sure this is not really a dropbear??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it has always amazed me that things that sleep up trees etc dont turn over and fall off. Our "holiday" this year is going to be taking our cameras and playing tourist in our own area

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koalas and stoners really aren't that different methinks, grazing all day then flaking out ^_^ |Cute pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture. Love sleeping in the day myself. I said the same thing this week that we have a couple of local exhibit shops and I don't have a clue what's in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised, how long limbed he was. I suppose he has to be to grab the trees to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww thats a brilliant photo. love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photo and I know how he feels x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photo. Seems as though the Koala has a nice easy life... can I swap? ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful animal, I'd love to see a koala one day.

    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete