-->

Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9. Day 69. As You Like It

I love theatre, but I am not the type to go out of my way to see Shakespeare. In fact, for much of my life I have avoided The Bard basically because of bad high school experiences.
La BoƮte has gone a long way to overcome that with modern, relevant exciting takes on Shakespeare. I am a convert.
The crowds flocking to the theatre suggest I am not alone. As my office and the theatre share the same coffee shop, I see the excitement in the crowds of school students as they leave the theatre. Someone has even decided to enhance the theatre poster of the current production As You Like It by sticking a lollipop on Orlando's mouth.
I am not sure if this poster is someone's comment on how tasty the current production is but I do appreciate the touch.

2 comments:

  1. The addition of the colour Green lollipop certainly enhances this rather confronting poster. At first glance I thought it was an anti DV promo. How indeed images can shape our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete