-->

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24. Day 24. It's raining. It's pouring



Dorothea MacKellar could have been talking about today when she talked about the flooding rain

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Today it rained. Serious Rain. Soaking, drenching rain. Wet season rain. And then for a bit this morning it stopped and despite having heard the forecast and lived in Brisbane most of my life I thought it would be okay to go for a walk. It wasn't.
This photo was taken outside the post office in Brisbane City.
I used the ColorSplash app to bring out the little bit of colour in what was a very bleak and dreary scene.

3 comments:

  1. The umbrella is not the only thing with a splash (colour) on the 24th Day of 2012. Nice touch on a dull BNE day.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you added the color!

    ReplyDelete